Saturday, August 10, 2013

Smokey.

Today, my Wife and I took my kitty Smokey in to the Vet. We thought he might be having some tooth problems. His biological sister Kendall had tooth issues and after removing several of her teeth, she was fine. For Smokey, it was worse. It appears as though his kidneys are failing. Whether or not his condition is treatable, we won't know until Monday. My Wife has said that the bond I share with Smokey is like that of a father and son. She's right. He is way past being a pet that I own, he is very much so like a son to me.

His Mother was a stray cat that my family took in, and she gave birth to Smokey, Kendall and three other kittens on February 1st 2003. Smokey and Kendall have been a part of my family literally since the day they were born. They both have special bonds with me, but this post is about Smokey, so I will focus on him. We've been through a lot together. Lots of heartache and triumphs. He was there for me when my best friend died, he was there when I got married and he was there when I bought my first house. Those are just to name a few occasions.

I am hurting so badly right now, knowing that our time together may be cut short. Smokey is a tough old kitty, and he will fight with all he's got. I love him dearly, and I'll never give up on him. Hopefully he will be coming home on Monday, which happens to be my birthday. If he comes home Monday, it'll be the greatest birthday present I could ever get!

Get well soon, Smokey!

No comments:

Post a Comment